Travel from Ho Chi Minh City on this 6-hour excursion to see the Cu Chi Tunnel network from the American War. Explore the immense maze of tunnels and imagine how a community once lived completely underground in wartime.
What to Expect
The tunnels at Cu Chi are an immense network of connecting underground passageways located in the Cu Chi district of southern Vietnam. The tunnels are part of a much larger network that stretches out underneath much of the country. The Cu Chi tunnels were the location of several military campaigns during the American War.
The Viet Cong soldiers used the tunnels as hiding spots during combat, as well as communication and supply routes. They were also the site of hospitals, food and weapon caches, and living quarters for numerous North Vietnamese fighters.
On this 6-hour trip you’ll be picked up at your hotel at 08:30 for the 90-minute drive to the tunnels. The underground network stretches for 250 kilometers. You’ll visit a short portion of the tunnel network and go underground, crawling around in the safer parts of the tunnel system.
After exploring the tunnels, you’ll have time for some shooting at the range, and then to enjoy tea and cassava, an important food for the guerrillas during the war.
You’ll arrive back in Ho Chi Minh City at around 14:30.
- Admission fees
- Hotel pick-up (in the backpacker area or selected streets)
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Tea and cassava
What's Not Included
- Other food and drinks
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Adult pricing applies to all participants
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• The dress code is smart casual
• Tours are subject to favorable weather conditions. If the tour is canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Note that if you choose the afternoon tour option, you will be in a group of about 30 people