Explore one of the most ferocious aspects in Vietnam history by taking a “back-to-the-past” trip to the infamous tunnels, which played an extremely important role in Vietnamese’s triumphant resistance against the American’s unyielding attacks.
What to Expect
Pick-up time is between 8:30 - 9:00 at your hotel in Saigon. You'll kick-start your day with a pleasant drive of 60 kilometers through the beautiful country dotted with paddy fields and rubber plantations.
You'll visit a massive underground network located nearby, once called the "Iron Triangle". It was once the termination of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The tunnels were designed by local guerrillas as a “springboard for attacking Saigon”. The tunnels were used by Viet Cong guerrillas as hiding spots during combat, as well as serving as communication and supply routes, hospitals, food and weapon caches and living quarters for numerous guerrilla fighters. The role of the tunnel systems was very important to the Viet Cong in resisting American operations and protracting the war, and eventually persuading the weary Americans into withdrawal.
After spending 2 hours at the tunnels for a short war documentary film, seeing other relevant displays and getting through a short stage of the tunnels (optional), you will head off for Saigon (65 kilometers away, or 1.5 hours). Drop-off is between 14:00 and 14:30 at your hotel in Saigon.
- All ground private transport by 16-seater van or 30-seater bus
- Professional English-speaking guide
- 1 bottled water
What's Not Included
- Drinks, meals and any other incidental expenses are not mentioned in the above
- Personal travel insurance
- Tunnels entrance fee
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• French-speaking guide for private tour only
• Pick-up & drop-off only for the hotels which located in the central of district 1 including Ly Tu Trong st, Thu Khoa Huan st, Le Thanh Ton st, Truong Dinh st, Bui Thi Xuan st, Thai Van Lung st, Pham Hong Thai st, Dong Khoi st, Mac Thi Buoi st, Le Loi st, Nguyen Hue st, De Tham st, Pham Ngu Lao st, Bui Vien st
• The maximum of group is 20 people
• A small amount of walking is involved