Climb aboard a typical cyclo (pedicab) in Ho Chi Minh City and ride the streets of Chinatown to experience Saigon before the war on a 3-hour tour. Immerse yourself in local life, taste street foods, learn about traditional Chinese medicine, and more.
What to Expect
Explore Ho Chi Minh City’s historic Chinatown, named Cho Lon, or “Big Market,” by the locals, and experience the city as it was before the war.
Chinatown was established as early as Saigon, and is where the Ming Dynasty Chinese first settled in Vietnam. They live their lives much as they did before 1975, doing business and continuing their traditions as the country develops around them.
Traveling by cyclo - the typical pedicabs of the city - experience local life up close, stopping to enjoy tasty food. Feel the hustle and bustle of street vendors selling a mixture of herbs for traditional medicine. Snake your way down tiny alleys on the agile vehicles, passing many small, family-run businesses. Along the way, you will come across the 250-year-old Lady Thien Hau Temple (God of the Sea), as well as the historic South Saigon Cha Tam Church.
Last but not least, shop ‘til you drop at Binh Tay Market, before transferring back to your hotel.
- Transfer and transportation, as per itinerary
- Entrance fee, Cyclo (pedicab)
- Bottled drinking water
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Travel insurance
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation charge: tours cancelled before 15:00 the day before will incur a 50% charge; cancellation after 15:00 on the day before the tour, and no-shows pay 100% of tour cost
• Tours are kept to a maximum of 10 persons per group