Explore the Mekong Delta on this 5-day biking tour from Ho Chi Minh City. Admire the spectacular scenery and experience the local lifestyle as you cycle along the Mekong River. Visit pagodas, floating markets, small villages, and fruit orchards.
What to Expect
On this 5-day cycling tour from Ho Chi Minh City you discover the everyday life of the Mekong Delta. If you want to get to know the area, biking is a real delight. Admire the spectacular scenery as you pedal along the Mekong River, past villages, rice fields, fruit orchards, busy markets, and pagodas.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Cau Ke – Tra Vinh
Drive to Vinh Long in the morning with a coffee stop at the Bonsai Garden along the way. After lunch at the Phuong Thuy restaurant you cycle 27 kilometers out of the town to Cau Vi. Crossing the Bung Truong Bridge, you veer right to go straight to Cau Ke and reach the Ta Thieu Pagoda. After visiting the pagoda you shuttle to Tra Vinh, where you stay overnight.
Day 2: Tra Vinh – Vinh Long – Can Tho
After breakfast, you ride and shuttle to visit the Ba Om pond and some Khmer pagodas before leaving Tra Vinh for Vinh Long. Upon arrival, have lunch and head on to the village of Ba Ke where you turn onto the country road and enjoy the cool air and breeze along the way. See the smiles of the Mekong people and farmers working on the green rice fields and fruit orchards, and admire the peaceful scenery of the rivers and villages. You get back to the busy road and shuttle to the hotel for a cool drink at the poolside in the afternoon. Enjoy dinner at the hotel in the evening and stay overnight in Can Tho.
Day 3: Can Tho
Depart from Can Tho and transfer to the village of Tam Vu, where you start the bike ride along the paved road toward Vi Thanh. Turn off the road and keep riding on a dirt road along the Rach Ngoi canal. After riding through the busy market, get back to the pavement at Vi Thanh at lunch time. You then shuttle back to Can Tho, where you stay overnight.
Day 4: Can Tho – Thot Not – Chau Doc
Take a 2-hour boat cruise along the lower part of the Mekong River (Hau Giang) in the morning. Here you visit the busy floating markets of Cai Rang and one fruit garden. Disembark the boat and pedal from this garden along the well-paved countryside road for about 30 kilometers. The road is shaded by banana and green bamboo trees growing along the way on both sides of the road. Reaching the National Highway 91, you transfer to Chau Doc with a 25-minute hike into the Bang Lang Stock sanctuary where you watch the lively activities of stocks coming back home for the night. After that, drive directly to Chau Doc and enjoy the sunset on top of Sam Mountain. Stay overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 5: Chau Doc – Vinh Long – Ho Chi Minh City
Drive and cycle around Nui Sam and on to Tri Ton and Ba Chuc, with a stop at the Cavern Pagoda on the way. Enjoy the view of the hills, mountains, rivers, and Cambodian pagodas along the way. From Ba Chuc, shuttle and cycle to Sadec via the Vam Cong ferry, visiting the Rose Garden en route. Enjoy lunch in Vinh Long before driving back to Ho Chi Minh City. Transfer to the hotel and stay overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages upon request)
- Accommodation at hotels, guesthouses, and home stays on twin-sharing basis
- Meals detailed in the itinerary
- Transfers and transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat trip mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing excursions as outlined in the itinerary
- Pump, bike tools, and spares tubes
- Spare bike
- Mineral water
- Seasonal fruits
What's Not Included
- International airfares
- Travel insurance and bike helmet (compulsory)
- Items of a personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
- Mineral water beyond that supplied
- Single room supplement
- Optional excursions
- Additional transport required due to any emergency situation
- Personal expenses such as telephone and laundry bills
- Mountain bicycle (Bike Hire US$15/per day)
- Visa fees
- Departure taxes
- Tipping for guides
Know Before You Go
• Departure dates: Daily
• Please provide the name and contact telephone number of your centrally located hotel at the time of booking. If you do not provide your hotel details, we are unable to pick you up to commence this tour.
• To ensure a real-life experience, the group sizes are limited to 12 passengers
• Guaranteed to depart
• Please ensure your knees and shoulders are covered by clothing as this trip visits rural areas