The most fascinating feature of the Mekong Delta is the way of life of its river-dwelling residents who work, rest and play on this mighty waterway. On this 2-day tour, you get to spend as much time as possible on-board, which includes an overnight stay.
What to Expect
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh - Cai Be - Tra On (-/L/D)
You will begin your journey with a minivan ride to Cai Be in the Mekong Delta. Unlike most overnight tours, you will be staying in an old-fashioned cabin instead of a common hotel or guesthouse. While checking into the cabins, you will enjoy a welcome drink and take a few minutes to relax before continuing the day.
Although rustic, the cabins here have amazing views and an attentive staff to make you comfortable. Lunch will be served before you head out to visit a village on the bank of Mang Thit River. Here, you will have the opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the residents. Visit the orchards or rice fields and meet friendly locals as well as taste the local fruit and produce.
Back aboard the boat, you have the option to either enjoy a drink at the bar or rest on the deck as the sun sets over the vast landscape of the Delta. You will continue onto Tra On where the boat will anchor for the night. End your evening with a delicious dinner on the boat.
Day 2: Tra On - Can Tho - Ho Chi Minh City (B/brunch/-)
Awaken to the sound of the river and begin another exciting day of sightseeing. Enjoy breakfast onboard the boat as we set off for a sunrise cruise.
After breakfast, transfer to a sampan boat and head to Cai Rang Floating Market, the region’s busiest and liveliest market. You will visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or take a boat ride through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship yards. After the tour, you will have lunch before returning to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Entrance fee
- Bottled drinking water
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 brunch, 1 dinner
- English-speaking tour guide on the boat (other languages available upon request)
- Twin shared accommodation (2 pax/cabin)
- Travel insurance
What's Not Included
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
All cancellation from guests incur additional charges as follows:
- Before 15:00 on the previous day of the departure day: 50% charged of the total tour cost
- After 15:00 on the previous day of the departure day/no-show: 100% charged of the total tour cost
- Customers cannot receive any type of compensation in the case of cancellation due to a force majeure