Discover your former air base and old hangouts in Bien Hoa City on a full-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City designed especially for returning war veterans. Travel by Jeep to see how the city has changed, stop at the old air base of Long Binh Post, and more.
What to Expect
Travel back in time to the days of the Vietnam War, and rediscover the old haunts of war veterans in Bien Hoa. The tour was designed especially to help war veterans find their former air base and old bars, as well as compare the city of today with the city they remember.
You will be picked up from your Ho Chi Minh City hotel at 07:30 to travel along National Road 1A to Bien Hoa City in Dong Nai Province. Relax on the 2-hour drive, before turning onto Provincial Road No. 768, leading to the former Air Base used by the US Army from 1961 through 1973. Although not open to the public, your guide will lead you around the outside to see the remains of the main gate and collapsed walls.
Stroll uphill to Buu Phong Pagoda for a panoramic view of the Air Base. Then, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Continue in the afternoon to explore how Bien Hoa City has changed. Go to Bien Hoa Market to watch the locals shopping, and pause at snack bars used by US pilots during the war.
The last stop is Long Binh Post, a former US Army base and logistics center that was the major command headquarters for the United States Army Vietnam (USARV) during the war. Today, there are many workshops and malls in the area, but you can still see the remains of the post following your guide’s instructions.
- Vietnam travel insurance
- Private transfer by vintage Jeep or modern air-conditioned vehicles
- English-speaking guide (expert at veteran tours)
- Entrance fees and permits
- Purified water
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• A surcharge applies for tours in languages other than English, and during festive seasons and peak season. These will be advised at time of booking
• For cancellations made up to 31 days before scheduled date, 30% of the tour cost is non-refundable; for cancellations of 15-30 days before scheduled date, 50% of tour cost is non-refundable; cancellations of 7-14 days before scheduled date, 70% of cost is non-refundable; cancellations of 6 days or less before scheduled date, 100% of tour cost is non-refundable
• If the remaining balance is not paid in full by the date of the tour, supplier reserves the right to cancel
• In case of force majeure and unforeseen circumstances outside the control of supplier, any tour cancelled will be offered an alternative at no extra cost, or a full refund if preferred