Explore Hiroshima with a professional, informative guide and see the various sightseeing spots in the city such as Mitaki-dera Temple, Peace Memorial Park, Shukkeien Garden, and Hiroshima Castle.
What to Expect
Hiroshima is known as the first city in the world bombed by a nuclear (atomic) bomb and thus, the town is also known as a town for peace. Located in the southwestern part of the Japanese archipelago, Hiroshima is blessed with a mild climate. In addition, the Seto Inland Sea and the Chugoku Mountains adorn Hiroshima's four seasons with the rich vivid colors of nature.
In Hiroshima, you will discover the beauty of Hiroshima by visiting several fascinating and historic sightseeing spots such as Shukkeien Garden, Hiroshima Castle, and the Peace Memorial Park.
This temple is located near three waterfalls in the silent forest of Mitaki. In the past, many monks trained at this temple. In autumn, you will be amazed by the beauty of the colorful of autumn leaves.
History of Peace Memorial Park
This Peace Memorial Park is located in the center of Hiroshima and was built to avoid repeating the disaster suffered by the atomic bomb. Silent prayer is observed every August 6th at 8:15am in this park.
Shukkeien was built by Asano Nagaakira and its construction was inspired by Saiko Lake, a sightseeing spot in China. Also, Shukkeien has been selected as one of the 100 most scenic historical parks in Japan.
Hiroshima Castle is one of the Japan's three major Hirajiro, meaning the castle was built on flat ground whereas the majority of the castle was built on the top of hill or mountain. You can enter this castle and learn about the history of Hiroshima. Overlooking the city of Hiroshima, the observatory floor on the top is stunning. Your professional guide will explain about Hiroshima Castle and its history.
- 9:00am: Pick-up from your hotel in Hiroshima city
- 9:00 - 9:40am: Head to Mitaki-dera Temple by train and taxi from Yokogawa Station
- 9:40 - 10:45am: Mitaki-dera Temple
- 10:45 - 12:00pm: Travel to Peace Memorial Park and lunch
- 12:00 - 2:00pm: Peace Memorial Park
- 2:00 - 2:30pm: Make your way to Hiroshima-jyo Castle by public transportation
- 2:30 - 3:30pm: Hiroshima-jyo Castle
- 3:30 - 3:45pm: Walk to Shukkeien Garden
- 3:45 - 4:30pm: Shukkeien Garden
- 5:00pm: Back to your hotel in Hiroshima
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All admission fees
- Transportation fee
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Go
• Admission fee may occur at site