Experience an up-close encounter with the gentle giants of the ocean by joining an informative and educational whale-watching cruise from Hermanus, known as a destination for whale watching.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet at the Southern Right Charters' welcome center, the Whale Shack, on the lower level of the New Harbour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby carriages
Know before you go
- What to wear:
- Weather-appropriate clothing and a windbreaker
- Sensible footwear (flat shoes are recommended)
- What to bring:
- Sea sickness tablets should be taken in advance as per packet instructions if necessary
- Camera (tripods and binoculars are not advised)
- Children Policy:
- All ages welcome. All children under 12 must wear life jackets for the full duration on-board, and be under adult supervision at all times.
- The life jacket condition applies as well to infants. For children under 2 years old, they can be very uncomfortable. We would strongly advise motion sickness syrup for infants.
- No prams are allowed on board.