On the tour of Crete, enjoy a fascinating hike through Europe's longest gorge and bathe in the pristine waters of the Libyan Sea. Take a boat trip along the south coast of Crete and admire the cliffs.
What to Expect
Experience the Samaria Gorge and descend from the Omalos Plateau. Descend into the gorge, measuring 18 kilometers long, 4 by 150 meters wide, and up to 700 meters deep. The exploration will take from 4 to 6 hours.
Hike through the longest gorge in Europe and admire the beauty and diversity of nature. The smallest section of the gorge is only approximately 4 meters wide and the cliffs reach heights of 350 meters — enjoy this incredible sight. At midday, stop in the fishing village of Agia Roumeli on the Libyan Sea and relax in the taverns or take a dip in the crystal clear blue waters.
In the late afternoon, take a 1-hour boat tour from Agia Roumeli, past the mighty rocks of the south coast of Crete to Hora Sfakion. A bus will be waiting there to take you back to your accommodation.
What's Not Included
- Entry to the Samaria Gorge (EUR 5 per person)
- Ship ticket (EUR 11 per person)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour is offered from Heraklion, Gouves, Gournes, Kokkini Chani, Analypsis, Anissaras, Hersonissos, Malia and Stalida
• Remember to wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots, and bring a camera, light jacket, sunscreen, a hat, bathing suit and lunch
• This tour is not suitable for persons with disabilities