Helsinki: 3-hour Sightseeing Walk with Finnish Music
From £214 Per group up to 5Book now
Pick-up serviceYour group will be picked up at the hotel, if your hotel is located in the city center. Please advise your hotel and address. Pick-up from the ship or airport is possible on request. Note: Extra time needs to be scheduled for transfer, it is not included in the tour time.
- Visit the most beautiful sights of Helsinki
- Listen to fascinating tunes from Finland
- Explore the city in a comfortable pace on foot and by tram
- Find out about the secret influences of music in Finnish history
- Fall in love with tunes and songs from Finland
At the meeting point you will first be handed your personal audio receiver and earphones. After sound check you will get to know two heroes from the national Finnish epic and you will learn about the secret power in the mythic songs of the past. You then walk through the city center at a relaxed pace and then go on a short tram ride to the Rock Church. Your certified guide will give you interesting background about the main sights like Senate Square, Rock Church, Esplanades, Uspenski Cathedral, the market place, icebreakers, National Museum and more. In addition, the streets, buildings, districts and landmarks come alive with tunes and songs related to their history, from significant personalities to present day culture. Finland has a rich musical heritage with ancient roots. You will hear unique Folk Music and rune singing, classical music by Jean Sibelius, melancholic Finnish tango, curious Humppa, moody Jazz, incomprehensible Rap, magic Sámi Music and world-famous Metal Rock. Feel the tragic, funny, powerful, surprising, upbeat and contemplative sides of Helsinki and get enchanted by the mythical sound of the Kantele.
A high quality audio system with individual earphones and receiver assures good listening quality.
- Guided city walk in English
- Audio receiver and in-ear headphones (if compatible, you may use your own earphones)
- Ticket for 1 tram ride
- Food & beverages
Rainy day: in front of the main entrance of Stockmann Department Store | Sunshine: at the "Three Smiths statue" in front of Stockmann | Trams 4/4T, 7A/7B, 3, 6, 10 stop "Ylioppilastalo"
• You will be informed about a cancellation at the latest 24 hours before the start of the tour
Product ID: 64276