When people refer to Big Island as the most pristine island of the Hawaiian archipelago, they are thinking of the eastern coastline: pounding waterfalls plunge powerfully into the deep, and tropical rainforests characterize the landscape.
What to Expect
The Hamakua Coast in eastern Hawaii is wild, fertile, and wonderfully beautiful. Powerful waterfalls plunge into the deep and drape the mossy escarpments with bright rainbows. Wild sugarcane grows on the rocky shores of the deep-blue Pacific, and the exotic flowers spread their scent all around.
Let the indescribable views and bewitching aromas beguile you.
High points of our tour:
• Waipi’o Valley Lookout
• Honoka’a (half-hour stop at Tex Drive In, malasada donuts not included in price of tour)
• Visit to Akaka Falls
• Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden (2-hour stop, easy walk)
• Hilo Downtown (1-hour stop, meals not included in price of tour)
• Queen Lili’uokalani Gardens
• Return via Saddle Road to your lodgings in Kailua-Kona
- Door-to-door service; you will be picked up and safely returned to your lodgings in Kailua-Kona
- Plenty of water and a small snack
- Entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Pick-up and drop off service outside of Kailua-Kona
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
The tour begins at 8:00 in Kailua-Kona, takes us through frozen lava deserts in the tropical east of Big Island, and lasts about 10 hours.