Take your need for speed to new heights on a 5-8 hour helicopter and zipline adventure in Hawaii. Soar over the Kilauea Volcano, zipline above the jungle canopy, see some of Big Island’s most beautiful waterfalls, look for volcanic activity, and more.
What to Expect
Satisfy your cravings for speed on a combined helicopter flight and zipline adventure on Hawaii’s Big Island. Start by boarding a comfortable, air-conditioned helicopter in either Kona or Hilo Airport, and head out to fly above the active volcano of Kilauea.
Lush tropical rainforest gives way to stark black lava flows as you approach the volcano. Look for surface flows and lava entering the ocean as your pilot safely navigates his way through columns of steam and rising smoke. Circle back and head north past Hilo. This is waterfall country, and you will see all of the great ones from the air, including Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls.
After landing, take a scenic drive to zipline through the paradise jungle. Covering nearly 2 miles of tropical river gorges, the 8-line course is fun for the whole family. View multiple waterfalls as you zip 160 feet above them. Certified staff will guide you along a 2,400-foot line - making it one of the longest lines in Hawaii - as well as the only all side-by-side dual-track zipline of the islands.
Enjoy a picnic deli style lunch at the end of your zipline adventure. Light snacks and water are also provided throughout the tour.
- Entrance fees
- Zipline equipment
- Lunch (snacks and beverages are also provided throughout the day)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The helicopter flight is 1-hour from Kona to Hilo and 1-hour over the Hamakua Coast on the return
• This tour is not suitable for those with heart, neck, or back problems, and pregnant women
• There is a minimum weight limit of 35 pounds (16 kilos) and a maximum weight limit of 260 pounds (118 kilos). All participants must be able to lift 15 pounds (7 kilos), and walk up stairs and over uneven terrain
• You should not scuba dive within 24 hours of your flight
• Please note that molten lava may not be seen, and the volcanic activity changes constantly
• Comfortable closed toe walking shoes are required
• The order of the itinerary may change