Fly to Hawaii’s Big Island from Oahu on a 15-hour sightseeing tour to the Volcanoes National Park. Enjoy dramatic views of erupting Kilauea Volcano, and get an insight into the impressive geology of Hawaii’s waterfalls, steam vents and lava craters.
What to Expect
Explore the unique landscapes of Hawaii on a full-day tour from Oahu, flying to the Big Island for an adventure among volcanoes, tropical vegetation, and thundering waterfalls.
Upon landing at Hilo Airport, transfer by private vehicle through the center of town, passing Banyan Tree Drive, named after the Banyan trees that line it. Continue to Wailuku River State Park to visit Rainbow Falls. Measuring 80 feet tall and 100 feet wide, this natural waterfall is a picturesque introduction to the lush flora of Big Island. Depending on the season and time of your tour, a trip to Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory may also be arranged.
Next, go to Volcano National Park, home to the majestic Kilauea Volcano. Walk through the history of the much-studied volcano with your guide, learning about its active eruptions over the last 20 years. Visit the Jaggar Musuem, and get panoramic views of Kilauea and the lava landscape from the observation deck.
Marvel at the ancient trees of Fern Tree Jungle, and go to the imposing Kilauea Iki Crater before your flight back to Oahu.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from selected hotels in central Waikiki
- Entrance to Volcanoes National Park
- Round-trip flights from Oahu to Hilo Airport
- Stop at a local restaurant
- Fuel surcharge
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Go
• No cancellations, date changes, or refunds will be honored once the tour is reserved
• Passengers aged 18 and older must have a valid government-issued passport or ID
• Please provide the names and birth dates of all passengers in the “notes to supplier” field on booking. FAA regulations require that the passenger’s name must match their government-issued ID or passport exactly. No refunds will be given if a passenger is denied boarding due to a discrepancy
• To avoid potential health problems, this tour is not recommended for young children, or passengers with respiratory conditions such as asthma
• Due to changing weather and lava conditions, an active lava experience is not guaranteed for every tour
• Children aged 2 and under must purchase a seat on the flight, but will sit on a parents lap in the vehicle during the transfers and tour