Visit the Kilauea Volcano of Hawaii’s Volcanoes National Park on a 12-hour sightseeing tour and sample the island’s legendary Kona coffee at a coffee farm. Learn more about the Big Island via complimentary iPads and look for sea turtles at Punalu’u.
What to Expect
Enjoy a 12-hour sightseeing tour of Hawaii Big Island’s Volcanoes National Park, including a short walk in downtown Kailua Kona, and stops at the Royal Hulihee Palace, Stone Church (the oldest church in Hawaii), and a short coastal hike to the “End of the World.”
Learn more via the pictures and videos on your personal iPad, and stop at a Kona coffee farm to learn how the world famous coffee is farmed and processed. Enjoy a free freshly brewed coffee. In the lush gardens, you will be served picnic style snacks and local fruit.
Stop at Punalu’u Black Sand Beach Park and look for sea turtles. Then, you will have the opportunity to hike to an ancient Hawaiian heiau (temple) and explore the old Kings Trail path that once connected the villages on the island. After a picnic lunch, go to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park for short hikes to Kilauea volcano to see lava covering the road. Walk to the Kilauea iki overlook for breathtaking views, pass the Holei sea arch, through Thurston Lava tube, and see sulfur banks and steam vents.
End with a twilight view of the red glow of lava at the lava lake of Halema’uma’u crater (conditions permitting), followed by warm dinner and dessert.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park fees
- Freshly brewed Kona coffee tasting
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Coffee from Kona coffee farm
Know Before You Go
• If you would like to be picked up at your Kona or Waikoloa (Kohala coast) accommodation, please contact vendor at least 3 days before the start of the tour and they will arrange transportation and provide you with the exact pick-up time and place. Please call +1 808 937 5472 or email email@example.com with the name and/or address of your hotel/accommodation
• Please wear walking shoes, and dress in layers for weather ranging from warm to very cold. Bring a warm rain jacket, and money if you would like to buy coffee or souvenirs