Experience an incredible tour to one of the youngest and most active volcanoes on the planet in Hawaii. Visit the Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, the Jagger Museum, or enjoy the view from Kealakekua Bay.
What to Expect
Enjoy a breathtaking tour to one of the youngest volcanoes on Earth in Hawaii. Fly early in the morning from Honolulu to Kona International Airport on the Big Island. After pick-up from the airport, ride directly to Volcano National Park.
This day trip takes you to the youngest and most active volcano on the planet. Enjoy the unique opportunity to see the destruction and creation as elemental processes of Earth's history with your own eyes. Learn about the emergence of Kilauea, walk around a recently cooled lava flow, and find out the difference between Pahoehoe and A'a. The extravagance of nature will amaze you.
Sulphur fumes emit from the ground, thick lava flows are extruded from Kilauea and flow into the nearby Pacific, where they harden into stone. Snow-bedecked Mauna Kea rises in the background into the crystal-clear blue sky. The Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, home of the Hawaiian god Pele, is undeniably one of the most mythical and incredible places on Earth.
At the end of the day, return to Hilo Airport, and fly directly back to Honolulu.
The following attractions await you on this tour:
• Kealakekua Bay Overlook and ride through coffee plantations
• Naalehu with the southernmost bakery in the USA
• Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, where with any luck you will see sea turtles
• Short walk around Kilauea Crater and the Sulphur Banks
• Walk through the Kilauea Iki, a cooled lava flow, by request
• Visit to the Lava Tube
• Chain of Craters Road
• Holei Sea Arch
• Kilauea by sunset
- Flight from Honolulu to Kona and back
- Private, German-speaking driver and guide
- Water and small snack
- Entry fees
- All taxes
What's Not Included
- Lunch or dinner, the time for which is at your disposal
- Tips (optional)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please provide the name and birthdates of all participants at booking
• Participants 18 years of age or older must have a valid ID or passport.
• Cancellation policy:
Cancellations and refunds are not possible for this tour. Changes of names and dates cannot be accepted after booking confirmation.
In accordance with US Air Traffic Control, the full names of all passengers flying must be provided. The names provided must correspond directly to the names in the valid travel documents. When a passenger is not allowed to board due to non-compliance with name, they will not receive a refund.