Wander through Havana on a 2-hour walking tour and learn more about the widely practiced Afro-Cuban religions. Visit Callejon de Hammel, the focal point for rumba gatherings every Sunday, and experience this fascinating culture up-close.
What to Expect
There’s a lot more to Havana than first meets the eye, and on this 2-hour walking tour you will discover one of the coolest cultures in the city.
Learn about the various syncretic Afro-Cuban religions practiced widely in Cuba, and get expert explanations from an English-speaking guide. They will walk you through various parts of central Havana, taking you into the homes of devotees of the various religions, some of which are similar to voodoo.
The tour starts and finishes in the spectacular Callejon de Hammel, a small and colorful alley in the center of the city, created by local resident Salvador Gonzáles Escalona. It has now become a cultural focal point, with workshops for young Cuban children to learn painting. Enjoy a cool drink while you soak up the atmosphere of the famous alley, decorated with scrap objects like bathtubs, hand pumps, and pinwheels.
- English-speaking guide
- 1 drink
What's Not Included
- Transportation to and from meeting point
- Food and drink other than specified above
- Gratuities for the guide
Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please contact vendor to confirm your tour 24 hours prior to departure
• Cubans love being photographed. However asking permission first is appreciated. Tipping is customary in Cuba.
• Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusive. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
• Please note that due to government regulations, US Citizens are forbidden from booking activities in Cuba. GetYourGuide will neither accept nor process bookings of this product that are made by or for US citizens or paid for with US credit cards.