If you are a little worried about eating food in the old Quarter in Hanoi, then this is a Must Do! With hundreds of food places, it's difficult to know which are good to eat or not. This tour will bring the most experiences to your taste.
What to Expect
Your tour guide will welcome you at your hotel lobby, then start walking around 4 km in old quarter "36 old streets" to visit some famous and specialized food families or stalls/local restaurants, shops where they run their business everyday. Certainly you will watch and taste around 6- 8 particular dishes (customized vegetarian or special food too).
Special thing that tour guide would like to introduce some popular authentic food in lovely mini restaurants (not luxury restaurants) where you feel comfortable to sit down and enjoy some favorite dishes and nice drinks too.
It's interesting to hear from tour guide about the history of the old quarter in Hanoi, it is thousand years old and today retains much of the old flavor that made the area special in earlier times, each street was the exclusive domain of one trade (guilds) so there are whole streets of blacksmiths, silver shops, paper shops, headstone makers and more. Originally there were just 36 old streets in the old quarter but today there are more than 50 streets.
- Pick-up/drop off from center Hanoi hotels
- Guided walking tour of markets, Old Quarter
- English speaking guide
- All food tastings – around 20 different foods and beverages
- Printed list of all foods on the tour
- Complimentary drinks
- Hygiene food handling
- Comfortable tasting venues
- Route map
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Extra drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour will give you an unique experience to try the foods of the local Hanoi people. The supplier ensures the food is handled hygienically and provide a comfortable venue for the tastings. The benefit also goes back to the vendors or restaurants/ families as they buy directly from them.