Explore the history of Vietnam on a 4-hour, small group sightseeing tour of Hanoi, and marvel at the ancient One Pillar Pagoda. Discover where Ho Chi Minh declared Vietnamese independence, see the 1st imperial school of Vietnam, and more.
What to Expect
Explore more than 1,000 years of history on a small group sighteeing tour of Hanoi, and get more intimate with the rich heritage of the nation and its capital.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in the morning, drive by air-conditioned minivan to the Ba Dinh complex. The former “French Quarter” is the site of many foreign embassies and most government buildings, but it’s also from Ba Dinh Square that the late President Ho Chi Minh read the Declaration of Vietnam on 2 September 1945.
Take in the splendor of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum in the center of the square, before going to the One-Pillar Pagoda, an ancient Buddhist pagoda supported by a single pillar. Built during the reign of King Ly Thai Tong in the early 11th century, the pagoda resembles a lotus blossom and is regarded as one of Vietnam’s most iconic monuments.
Next, transfer to the Temple of Literature (Van Mieu Quoc Tu Giam), the 1st Imperial school in Vietnam. Built in 1070, during the dynasty of King Ly, the Confucian temple is located to the south of the Thang Long Citadel, and features heavenly courtyards, gates and gardens to get lost in.
- Pick-up and drop off at any hotel or private address in Ha Noi (all districts)
- Entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water
- Travel insurance
- English-speaking guide (other languages available upon request)
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Before 15:00 on the day prior to the tour, a charge of 50% of the tour cost applies
• After 15:00 on the day prior to the tour and for no-shows, a 100% charge applies
• Please note, customers cannot receive any type of compensation
• Visitors are required to wear shirts with sleeves and trousers that cover the knees
• This tour is free of charge for children 0-5 years old and 50% off for children 6-10 years old