Climb aboard a traditional wooden junk boat for a leisurely cruise of the limestone karst formations of Halong Bay on this 8-hour excursion from Hanoi. Sail past spectacular islands and caves, see odd-shaped rocks, and enjoy a delicious seafood lunch.
What to Expect
Explore the magical caves, islands and islets of Halong Bay on board a traditional wooden junk, and enjoy a fresh seafood lunch as you cruise past thousands of limestone karst rock formations scattered across the emerald waters.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Hanoi at 08:00, relax on a scenic 3-hour drive to Halong Bay. You will arrive at the junk at approximately 12:30 to set sail on a fantastic 4-hour cruise.
Sail to the amazing stalactites of the Dau Go (Wooden Stakes) grotto, and Thien Cung (Haven Palace) grotto. Then, as you cruise leisurely back to harbor, pass the islet of Cho Da (Stone Dog), and the imposing stone slab of Lu Huong (Incense Burner). Watch the locals at the fishing village of Ba Hang, and see the weathered rocks of Ga Choi (Fighting Cocks).
Back on shore, transfer back to Hanoi at 16:30, with an estimated arrival time of 19:30. You are also free to end the tour at the harbor if you prefer.
- 4-hour cruise on a wooden deluxe Junk
- Private air-conditioned transfers from Hanoi to Halong and back to Hanoi
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch on board
- Taxes and services charges
What's Not Included
- Gratuities and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Special dietary requirements should be made before departure date
• The itinerary may be subject to change due to bad weather
• Bring your passport (not copies), swimming costume, sun glasses, and insect repellent