Cruise the magnificent limestone karsts of Vietnam’s Halong Bay on a full-day adventure from Hanoi. Climb aboard a junk boat and glide past islets and caves. Kayak and row bamboo boats, and feast on a seafood lunch.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day cruise on board a classic junk boat and get a unique Vietnamese experience among the stunning limestone karst mountains of legendary Halong Bay.
07:50 - 08:40: You will be picked up by modern tour bus from your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter. It’s a scenic drive to Halong Bay, passing Bac Ninh province, famous for its traditional folk singing. Pass green fields of rice, and stop at a local shop to see some disabled children who make lovely hand-made products.
12:15: Arrive in Bai Chay Tourist Wharf and climb aboard your cruise boat. The crew will welcome you with a refreshing drink.
12:45: Start your dreamy cruise through thousands of limestone karst mountains. Sit down to a seafood lunch, served with traditional Vietnamese dishes. Vegetarian options are also available.
Cruise the emerald waters, passing Dog Stone and the islet of Burning Incense. Continue to the rock of Fighting Cock, and Heavenly Palace (Thien Cung Cave) to see stunning stalagmite and stalactite formations. Staff will then serve fresh fruits for an afternoon snack.
16:15: Cruise back to Tourist Wharf and transfer to the bus back to Hanoi.
20:00: Arrive in Hanoi and say goodbye to your guide and driver.
- Pick-up and drop-off from hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Bottled water (2 bottles per person)
- Welcome drink and fresh fruit
- English-speaking guide throughout
- Seafood lunch
- Entrance fees
- 3.5-hour boat cruise
- Kayaking and bamboo boat rows
Know Before You Go
• Pick-up time from Hanoi Old Quarter hotels is 08:00-08:30
• Drop-off time at Hanoi Old Quarter hotels is 20:00-20:30
• Please provide your hotel details for pick-up arrangements
• Please do not bring oversize or too much luggage
• Please advise if you prefer non English-speaking guide
• Please advise if you are vegetarian
• Umbrellas are provided
• Please bring sun glasses, sun cream and bug repellent
• Wear comfortable shoes for trekking to the caves