Half-Day Hanoi Cooking Class with Locals
From £51 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick up hotel in the old quarter with round trip
- Learn secrets of Vietnamese cuisine
- Tour a local market and learn about Vietnamese ingredients
- Enjoy a scrumptious Vietnamese lunch
After local hosts explain the ingredients for sale and assist you with purchasing items to take home, come back to a local home where your host will teach you how to cook a typical Vietnamese menu.
- Phở cuốn – fresh spring roll, grilled beef, and rice noodles roledl with fresh herbs
- Nem - spring roll
- Papaya salad
- Seasonal vegetables
- Free drinks: Local beer or local wine or soft drink
- Desserts: Fresh tropical fruits
This is a sample itinerary and is typical of Hanoi food. The itinerary can also be customized to suit guest’s particular interests and dietary restrictions.
The tour guide will pick you up at around 7:30 from your hotel in the old quarter where you will get on a bus to the local house.
The hosts will welcome you warmly and introduce you to their lives. The tour guide will then will teach you some simple phrases in the "local language" which is a very important aid when shopping for food.
You then will start walking to the local market. It’s great chance to learn about and taste some of the ingredients used in the local cuisine and to watch the rituals of a Vietnamese market. The tour guide will assist you with buying a variety of foods. You will have fun tying to communicate and using body language with locals, g makinincredible and unforgettable memories. Do not forget to take some photos with them. Many photo opportunities will be available in this bustling, vibrant and colorful scene.
Once you've completed the shopping at around 9:40, return to the home to prepare and cook by yourself under the instruction of the guide. Learning how to marinate and to spice will be the most crucial lesson. You will also enjoy decorating dishes with carrot flowers, lemon grass stems, banana leaves and curved chili. The authentic magical sauce with fish sauce, water, sugar, lime, chili, garlic and herbs is very easy to make.
Enjoy your meal with a local beer or wine at around noon. After that, the guide will transfer you back to your hotel and you will also receive a selection of recipe cards to help you recreate Vietnamese dishes at home!
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel in the old quarter
- English speaking Vietnamese guide
- Enjoy your cooked food with hosts
- Step-by-step recipe booklet to take home
- Free drinks (Hanoi beer, soft drink, coffee, local wine....)
Product ID: 58697