Cruise the majestic Halong Bay on board a classic Phoenix wooden junk boat that combines traditional beauty with modern comforts. Explore the karst limestone mountains and islets, swim in ambient waters, and feast on a superb seafood lunch.
What to Expect
Enjoy an amazing full-day adventure cruising Halong Bay on board a beautiful wooden Phoenix junk boat. Get spectacular views of limestone mountains andislets and quaint fishing villages, and enjoy an amazing seafood lunch.
Depart Hanoi and head east for about 3.5 hours to Halong Bay, the pride of the Tonkin Gulf and a Natural World Heritage Site as designated by UNESCO twice, in 1994 and 2006. Drive through the Red River Delta, passing water buffalo, paddy fields and Vietnamesefarms.
Upon arrival, you will be welcomed on board a traditional wooden junk for the start of your 4-hour cruise. As you sit down to a fresh seafood lunch (vegetable menuavailable), drift past strange-shaped rocks that evoke comparisons with fighting cockerels and dragons, incense burners and stone dogs.
Stop to take a rowing boat tour around Ba Hang Floating Village. Then, carry on cruising to the beautiful cave of Thien Cung (Heaven Palace Grotto) to explore the huge chambers dripping with stalactites and stalagmites. Cruise back to Halong Harbor, where your vehicleawaits to take you back to Hanoi, arriving back in the city at approximately 20:00.
- Transfer to/from your hotel
- English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- 4-hour cruise (including Thien Cung Cave and bamboo boat ride to Ba Hang Floating Village)
- 1 bottle of water on bus
- 1 soft drink, beer or bottle of water on boat
- Seafood lunch on boat (vegetarian menu available)
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please bring your passport (no photocopies), water, snacks, sunglasses, swimming suit and towel (warm clothes in winter), money for drinks on boat (beer, wine)
• Pick-up time will be advised upon confirmation of booking