Cycle the hills of Mai Chau and experience Vietnamese village life on a full-day bike tour from Hanoi. Follow paths through the green valley, and meet the White Thai and other ethnic hill tribes. See farmers working in their fields, and locals weaving.
What to Expect
Experience life in the mountains of Mai Chau on a full-day bike tour, with round-trip transfers from Hanoi.
Following a pick-up from your hotel at 07:00, drive by air-conditioned vehicle to Mai Chau in Hoa Binh Province. You will pass over Doc Cun (Cun Mountain) in the District of Cao Phong en route to the Mai Chau Valley. From the top of Cun Mountain, admire panoramic views of the green valleys, stilt houses, and terraced fields.
Home to many ethnic minorities, including the White Thai people, Mai Chau enchants with its rural tranquility far from the bustle of modern life. After a traditional lunch, taste some of Vietnam’s finest rice wine with a local family if you are game. Then, continue cycling around the village to see farmers working in their fields and locals weaving scarves.
You will also visit the peaceful villages of the surrounding area to experience the rustic life of these mountain people, left untouched by modern life.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by new, air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water
- English-speaking guide
- Travel insurance
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Tours cancelled before 15:00 on the day before the tour will incur a 50% cancellation fee. For cancellations after 15:00 on the day before your tour, or no shows, the full tour cost must be paid
• Tours operate with a maximum 10 persons per group