Discover Vietnam’s ancient capital at Hoa Lu, which was the center of power during the imperial period in the 10th and 11th centuries. Experience the Trang An eco-tourism complex, where you’ll enjoy a boat ride to the famous grottoes, and lunch.
What to Expect
You’ll start out in the morning on a 2-hour drive to Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam for a 41-year period during the 10th and 11th centuries. In the beginning, the the Dinh Dynasty ruled, under King Dinh Tien Hoang.
Later, it changed hands and King Le Dai Hanh of the Le Dyansty ruled. See the temples dedicated to the 2 kings.
After lunch at a local restaurant, you’ll head out on a boat trip to visit the Trang An grottoes, known as Ha Long on land. The area features more than 30 valleys and 50 cross-water caves, and is home to 600 species of plants and over 200 types of animals.
While rowing along the waterways in the quiet fresh air of the highlands, you’ll hear the sound of birds and marvel at the magnificent forested mountains. You’re sure to admire this spot that’s considered by many to be heaven on earth.
- Pick-up and drop off at any hotel or house in Hanoi
- Transportation by new, air-conditioned mini-van
- Boat ride
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Travel insurance
- English-speaking tour guide
What's Not Included
- Personal Expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Before 15:00 on the day prior to the tour, a charge of 50% of the tour cost applies
• After 15:00 on the day prior to the tour and for no-shows, a 100% charge applies
• Please note, customers cannot receive any type of compensation