Enjoy a trip to Duong Lam village and explore ancient culture and Vietnam's traditions. This is also the great chance explore architecture of ancient houses while wander along its narrow alleyways.
What to Expect
Travel west of Hanoi to Duong Lam village, a purely agricultural village of the Northern Red River delta where still preserve many hundred-year-old houses. Upon arrival, bike along tiny ancient alleys to visit Mong Phu temple in Mong Phu hamlet - the only hamlet whose original village entrance gate remains intact, dedicated to national heroes. Continue riding around the village to discover the daily life and farming working of Vietnamese peasants along the terrace with a stop in two ancient houses: the biggest ancient house was build 200 years ago and the most ancient house back to 400 years ago.
After lunch and resting, visit Ngo Quyen temple and Phung Hung temple, places dedicated to two national heroes Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung. Again biking to visit Mia Pagoda (other hamlet in Duong Lam village), is built in 15 th century and admire 287 statues of all sizes, among with are famous sculpture such as the statue of Buddha in the Himalayas and the statues of the Eight Vajra Deities. Drive back to Hanoi.
- Private transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour guide
- Cycling around village by bicycle
- Meals as mentioned: Vietnamese food, Asian Food basic
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
What's Not Included
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program.
- Gratuities for the guide and driver
- Any souvenirs or additional snacks or food
- Temple and mosque donations
- Personal expenses
90 B Nguyen Huu Huan, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Know Before You Go
• Dress standard: As the tour visits a mosque and temple, fully covered clothing is advisable
• For comfort, sport shoes or closed-toe walking shoes are recommended