Get a behind-the-scenes look of the Old Quarter on this guided tour and see how residents of this busy area live. The tour explores the labyrinth of alleys and ancient streets, featuring a mix of colonial architecture, temples and street food.
What to Expect
Get a behind-the-scenes look of the Old Quarter on this guided tour and see how residents of this busy area live. The tour explores the labyrinth of alleys and ancient streets, featuring a mix of colonial architecture, temples and street food. Visit a local’s home and stop for lunch.
Meet your guide early in the morning to see the bustling streets and vendors already set up with breakfast ready for early risers. After grabbing breakfast and coffee, head to one of the local's favorite back alleys that truly astonish a first-time visitor. As you explore with your guide, you may be surprised at just how much the Old Quarter offers beyond face value.
Next, visit a local’s home and chat with the resident to understand how people here live among this chaotic maze of centuries-old streets and alleys before you stop for lunch. At lunchtime your guide will lead you to one of the popular joints around town. Then you can try street food and enjoy people-watching in an area once filled with workshops of craftsmen, traders, blacksmiths, and artists.
- Guided walking tour of the Old Quarter
- Breakfast and lunch
- Live tour commentary provided in English
What's Not Included
- Merchandise from shops
- Meals and beverages not listed as inclusions
Know Before You Go
• You must be aged 12 or older
• Maximum group size is 13 people
• An additional surcharge of US $10 to create your own wooden block stamp for an additional 2 hours is payable on the day of activity
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the tour start-time.
• Hours of operation are 8.00 am – 12 noon daily. You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation