Spend 2 days exploring Sapa, a beautiful town in the Hoàng Liên Son Mountains of northwest Vietnam. Take the night train from Hanoi, visit local villages and learn about traditional Vietnamese culture.
What to Expect
The evening before your tour starts, catch an overnight train from Hanoi train station to Lao Cai.
Arrive early at Lao Cai station, near the Chinese border. A local guide will pick you up and take you on a scenic, 1-hour drive up to Sapa. On arrival, continue on a short 30-minute journey south toward Muong Hoa Valley, a stunning location, boasting the largest terrace rice fields in Sapa. Visitors between May and October will get to see the local farmers in action during the local harvest period.
Travel from Lao Chai Village of the Black H'mong Minority to Ta Van Village of the Giay Minority. Stop at a local Catholic church and learn about the different traditions, costumes and cultures of the 2 minority groups. Return to Sapa and spend the remainder of the afternoon at your leisure.
Check out of the hotel after breakfast and head off toward Tram Ton Pass. Along the way, enjoy a short walk to Silver Waterfall and Heaven's Gate, where you can see Fansipan Mountain, the highest peak in Indochina. Next, take a 1.5-hour downhill walk to Binh Lu, and stop off at Chu Va Village of Flower H'mong. Enjoy a packed lunch on the way. Trek to Pa Pen Village of Lu Minority and chat with the local people and visit the local school (during the week).
Return to the hotel to freshen up before heading back to Lao Cai station to catch your overnight train.
Arrive back in Hanoi.
- Pick-up and drop off at any hotels or private accommodation in all districts of Hanoi.
- Air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- Accommodation (basic twin share)
- Bottled drinking water
- Train ticket: Hanoi — Lao Cai — Hanoi
- Travel insurance
- English-speaking tour guide
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• If you cancel your tour before 15:00 the day before departure, you will be charged 50% of the tour cost
• If you cancel your tour after 15:00 on the day before departure, or you do not show up on the day, you will be charged 100% of the tour cost
• Small group tour of maximum 10 persons