Learn about the history of Hanoi’s traditional sights on this full-day tour of the city. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, and visit the Ho Chi Minh complex, the Temple of Literature, the Museum of Ethnology, Trấn Quốc Pagoda, and Dong Xuan market.
What to Expect
This full-day tour of Hanoi takes you around the famous sights in the city. You will be picked up at your hotel in Hanoi in the morning and transferred to the Ho Chi Minh complex. Here you will visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the Presidential Palace, the Stilt House, and the Ho Chi Minh Museum.
You will then visit the Temple of Literature, the site of Vietnam’s first university dating back to 1070 and originally built as a temple to Confucius. Inside you can see the stone steles mounted on the backs of turtles, which have the names of Vietnam’s best scholars inscribed. The temple highlights the importance that Vietnamese society place on education both now and in the past.
Enjoy lunch at a traditional local Vietnamese restaurant before visiting the Museum of Ethnology in the afternoon. This museum is widely acknowledged as the best in the country and has an extensive display dedicated to Vietnam’s 54 Ethnic minority peoples. As well as the comprehensive array of exhibits inside, there are also traditional tribal houses reconstructed within the grounds.
Continue on the tour to visit Trấn Quốc Pagoda, the oldest pagoda in Hanoi constructed on West Lake in the 6th century. Enjoy walking around West Lake before heading back to your hotel. Along the way you will stop in Dong Xuan market and walk along the colorful Hang Ma street, which is also known for its tube and gable-roofed houses that are typical of Hanoi. At the end of the tour you will be dropped off at your hotel between 16:00 and 16:30.
- Transfer by minivan
- Pick-up from hotels in the Old Quarter of Hanoi
- English-speaking tour guide
- Mineral water
- All entrance fee to the sites
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Easy reservation (24/7 services)
• Small group size: around 10 persons
• Innovative itineraries that offer clients a good insight of visited destinations
• No extra/hidden cost (only tips and personal expense are excluded)
• Guaranteed departure
• Free pick-up from your hotel in Old Quarter of Hanoi
• Out of the area mention above, you will be on your own from your hotel to our office at 7 Dinh Tien Hoang for the pick-up.