Hamburg: Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus Quarter Tour
From £19 per personBook now
- Explore the warehouse district (Speicherstadt) and historic office buidings (Kontorhouses)
- See the 1920s Chilehaus building shaped like a ship
- Learn about some of the most influential architects of Hamburg in the 20th century
- Discover how the Speicherstadt has gone from a gritty place of industry to a hipster neighborhood
- Enjoy a cup of Hamburg's best tea or coffee
- Visit a Persian carpet warehouse and learn about the craft of hand-woven carpets
Start your tour with the impressive sights of the Kontorhaus quarter. Learn about the architects that introduced captivating brick expressionism to Hamburg, from Fritz Schumacher to Fritz Höger. Get insights into their work, from typical staircases and building façades to the interior design.
Next, soak up the unique atmosphere of the Speicherstadt, and hear how it has developed from the late 19th century to the modern day. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Speicherstadt’s UNESCO World Heritage monuments, and get an insight into new life of the Speicherstadt area since its redevelopment at the start of the 21st century. Touch, see, feel, and taste the area’s ambiance as you discover where tea, coffee and spices used to be stored. During a short break, enjoy a fine cup of tea or coffee.
Learn about the importance of Hamburg on the world coffee market as you enter deeper into the Speicherstadt. Visit the old coffee exchange and see the old telephone booths that offered the direct connection to the New York Stock Exchange. Finally, enjoy a stunning visit of a Persian rug warehouse, and learn about the fine tradition of hand woven rugs.
- Tea or coffee roasted in the Speicherstadt
- Visit to a Persian carpet warehouse
Meet in the courtyard of the Chilehaus, Fischertwiete 2, 20095 Hamburg
• Please note that children are only allowed on this tour in the company of an adult.
Product ID: 56653