Taste at least 7 local beers on a 3.5-hour tasting tour of Hamburg. Explore over 1,000 years of brewing history at different venues. Try beers that maintain the traditions of the Middle Ages, and see the sights of the St. Pauli district along the way.
What to Expect
Explore Hamburg through the history of its beers and brewing traditions on a 3.5-hour tasting tour.
Meet your guide on the legendary Reeperbahn in the St. Pauli district, one of Hamburg's most notorious areas for nightlife. Then, go in search of the city’s best beers. The range of beers you will taste is constantly changed according to the seasons and special events. No 2 tours are alike, so even if you’ve done it before, you will get a new perspective on beer.
Anything but a pub crawl, the tour covers the traditional beers of Hamburg´s local scene, along with locally crafted beers by micro-breweries that have launched in the last few years. Enjoy quality beers with a twist of individualism, along with beers that have been around since the Middle Ages!
Learn 1,000 years of Hamburg´s brewing history. Hear why it got the nickname, “The Brewing House of the Hanseatic League." Discover where the brew came from, and what made it so special to other beers in the region. Try medieval beers, and hear stories of how beer has developed. Investigate what the brewing processes are, and why each beer is tastes different.
- Tasting of at least 7 local beers (sample sizes)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the minimum age for this tour is 18 years old
• Please make sure you bring along your ID
• Tour starts with a minimum of 4 guests and maximum of 15 guests
• Intoxicated guests, guests in costume and stag parties will not be allowed on this tour. In the case of cancellation due to one of these reasons, entry fees will not be refunded.