Discover St. Pauli and the Reeperbahn in a charming Nordic way on this 2-hour walking tour. Explore all facets of the red light district including stories and facts on the changes of the neighborhood, the tourist attractions, and the culinary delights.
What to Expect
Discover Hamburg’s red light district, the Reeperbahn, and St. Pauli on an entertaining tour with special highlights. See for yourself how sex and eroticism is intertwined with theater, music, and alternative lifestyles in the colorful district. Immerse yourself in the changing scene and marvel at the challenges and beginnings of one of the most famous districts in Europe.
In the footsteps of Hans Albers and the Beatles, you'll hear stories and background information about the red light district, the times of pimp cartels, and the sailor era. Learn about the original characters that made the district famous. Gain an insight into the criminal history of the sinful neighborhood, listen to stories about icons and artists, and find out what makes the district so loveable and livable in.
Take a look at various bars and sailors’ pubs. See the Große Freiheit and the famous Café Keese, enter the awe-inspiring Spielbudenplatz, stop in front of the Davidwache police station, and gain an insight into the infamous Herbertstraße. Stop for a moment at the Hans Albers statue and listen to the songs that made the Reeperbahn famous. Also on the program are iconic sailors’ bars, the famous Zur Ritze pub, and the Olivia Jones Bar on the Große Freiheit.
Enjoy an informative and relaxed tour with Nordic charm and humor. You will be given background information and facts on current affairs, historical insights, tourist attractions, highlights, and tips.
- 2-hour walking tour
- Certified tour guide
- 1 soft drink or beer and a shot
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Pick-up at your hotel is possible on request depending on availability
• Group bookings are possible on request at any time
• Tours can be customized for groups of 20 or more participants. and you can choose the start time and meeting point
• Please note: groups of up to 20 participants are assigned to the normal tour at 19:30
• Please wear weatherproof clothing and sturdy shoes
• The tour takes place with a different tour guide on certain days, such as the football match days
• Tours are subject to changes