Discover the best-preserved defenses of any major fort along Hadrian's Wall, together with the longest stretch of the wall itself, at Birdoswald Roman Fort. Explore the remarkable site and learn more about the story of the Roman frontier.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Vouchers must be exchanged for tickets.
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Main visitor admission desk located near the main visitor parking garageOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- Parking is located approximately 200 meters from the site with room for over 50 cars. Parking charges apply
- Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic. There are benches located in the main courtyard, orchard, and near the south of the fort with breathtaking views over the River Irthing
- Birdoswald Roman Fort onsite cafe serves warm Cumbrian dishes and locally sourced lighter options. Kids lunch bags are also available