Learn kitesurfing on Gran Canaria, considered to be one of the best islands in the Canaries for the sport. You’ll learn theory in the classroom and then head to the beach to try out what you’ve learned, all under the guidance of an expert instructor.
What to Expect
Try out one of the fastest growing water sports on your Gran Canaria holiday. A team of dedicated and experienced instructors will teach you the basics of kitesurfing or help improve your skills if you’re a more experienced kitesurfer.
On this 6-hour program, you’ll start out with theoretical lessons in the shop and then head to the beach, where you’ll get to practice in safe wind conditions.
During the summer the Canary Islands enjoy favorable winds, making it an ideal place to learn kitesurfing. The experienced instructors have your safety as a top priority, and only operate beginner lessons in conditions that are suitable and safe.
The course is suitable for both beginning and experienced kitesurfers, as the instructors will customize the offering with advice and technique improvements for more advanced students.
Your program begins at 10:00, when the wind starts picking up. The first 3 sessions are held on land, when you’ll learn to control the kite and understand wind dynamics. At the end of the course, get your official IKO program certificate.
- Round-trip transfers between your hotel and the beach
- All necessary kitesurfing equipment
- Snack and bottle of water
- Theoretical lessons at the shop
- Lessons at the beach with top-qualified instructors
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Unfavorable weather can lead to courses being delayed until later in the day or cancelled. Your safety is taken seriously
• Additionally, please note that the first 3 lessons take place on land