Leave the city for a Oban and West Highland Lochs and Castles day tour. Visit castles, lochs and fishing villages while learning about the region's fascinating history. You will arrive back in Glasgow as fresh and relaxed as you've ever felt.
What to Expect
On this tour you will experience the shimmering lochs, scenic mountain views, and romantic and historic castles of the western highlands.
From Glasgow we will cross the Firth of Clyde, passing Dumbarton's famous and imposing rock fortress. Our first stop is the pretty conservation village of Luss, on the 'Bonny, Bonny Banks' of Loch Lomond. Here you can walk along the shore or stay to admire the village.
We then pass several dramatic castles and lochs as we climb into the Highlands. We will stop for lunch at the fishing town of Oban.
We then journey on a southern route that takes us past the spectacular Kilchurn Castle, majestically situated on Loch Awe.
Our final stop is Inveraray, historic seat of the Duke of Argyll, where you can choose to either visit Inveraray Castle* (April-October only) or explore the town’s Georgian houses and wide streets.
We return to Glasgow via the Rest and Be Thankful pass.
*This tour visits Inveraray Castle from April - October and to Dunstaffnage Castle from November to March.
- Tour with friendly and knowledgeable driver-guide
What's Not Included
- Meals and optional extras (i.e. visitor attraction entry fees - Inveraray Castle/Dunstaffnage Castle) are not included
You can find the Glasgow departure and return point at the designated bus stop at 266 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1QX.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• We can provide translations upon request - please email email@example.com
• Unfortunately we cannot carry children under 5yrs
• Tours require a minimum of 6 passengers to run. We will notify customers of cancellation by 18:00hrs the day prior to tour departure. If cancelled we will offer a full refund/alternative tour the same day/the same or an alternative tour on a different day