Look for whales and dolphins in the Atlantic Ocean on a 3-hour catamaran cruise from Funchal. Enjoy guaranteed sightings or get a 2nd cruise for free. Sail along the south coast of Madeira, and hoist the sails if the winds are favorable!
What to Expect
Climb aboard a comfortable catamaran for a relaxing trip along Madeira's south coast from the Marina do Funchal. Look for dolphins and whales (and even turtles) playing in the cold waters of the sea.
If the winds are favorable, hoist the sails for a unique and unforgettable sensation. During the summer months, stop to swim below the cliffs of Cabo Girão, one of the highest sea cliffs in the world. A qualified crew will provide detailed information in various languages about the species of cetaceans (dolphins and whales) you see. In the event you don’t spot any whales or dolphins you will be offered a 2nd trip (June to 15 September), with the added bonus that it will be at sunset.
Get historical and technical information from your crew for a truly unique experience.
What's Not Included
- Pick-up and drop off service
- Food and drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Meet at the Marina do Funchal, Loja 9, 9000-005 Funchal , VMT Madeira (Catamaran Trips)
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please bring a windbreaker and sunscreen. In the summer, you can also bring a towel and swimwear to swim
• The catamarans are equipped with toilets, and a bar serving snacks and beverages
• Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is cancelled, you will not be entitled to a refund
• Tours may be cancelled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements, or in the event of bad weather. Should this occur, you will be offered an alternative or full refund