Enjoy a full-day catamaran cruise that takes you on a visit to Madeira's natural reserve. Stop at the Desertas Islands for a short guided tour, learn about the monk seal conservation efforts, and take a swim in the crystal-clear waters.
What to Expect
On this full-day catamaran trip to the Desertas Islands you’ll sail along the south coast of Madeira Island. On arrival you’ll disembark in clear waters onto a beach of volcanic origin, where you’ll have a chance to enjoy a swim.
Covering an area of 12,586 hectares the Natural Reserve of the Desertas Islands comprises all islands and islets (Ilhéu Chão, Deserta Grande, Bugio, and adjacent islets) and all of the surrounding marine area. It has been designated a nature reserve for over 25 years, and is now internationally known for its monk seal conservation efforts.
Today this protected area can be visited by sea. Deserta Grande is the only island where visitors can disembark, and you’ll enjoy a guided walk to the conservation center to learn about the monk seal protection efforts and also about endemic flora and fauna.
- Catamaran cruise
- Lunch with drinks
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Know Before You Go
• Be sure to bring a windbreaker and sunscreen. During the summer you might also want to bring a towel and swimwear
• The catamaran is equipped with a toilet and a bar with snacks and beverages
• Due to the nature of this tour and for the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
• There is a possibility of cancelation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements or in bad weather conditions. If this occurs, you will be offered an alternative or full refund