When Albert Ernest Fuller launched the sailing ship the ‘Undine’ in 1887 to deliver coal supplies to the islands, he could not have foreseen the impact he would have on tourism. With the fitting of a motor to the ‘Undine’ in the early 1900’s, he was able to deliver coal & essential supplies as far as Cape Brett. In 1927 Fuller acquired the ‘Cream Trip’ from Edmund Lane with facilities to transport cream from the islands and in 1928 won the Royal Mail contract allowing him to deliver post. By the 1960’s the Cream Trip was a popular attraction and the well known Bay Belle started its run. For five shillings a tourist could spend all day on the launch, picking up cream cans from the isolated farms and having a great outing in the Bay. When the road opened from Whangarei to Russell in the 1930’s a car ferry service began between Paihia and Russell. During World War II, the military established a barge crossing between Opua and Okiato; this was continued during peacetime by the Deeming family and eventually obtained by Fuller making Fullers an integral part of the community through the provision of services to both tourists and locals. By the mid 80’s the Bay of Islands was a proven destination for tourists during which Fullers provided regular trips to the Hole in the Rock, Cream Trip Tours and coaches to Cape Reinga via Ninety Mile Beach. Today Fullers GreatSights comprises a fleet of 10 vessels, 6 coaches and employs up to 100 team members. We would like to thank the community for its support through the years as we are proud to be part of the history of the Bay of Islands and look forward to sharing the story of where it all began in the Birthplace of our nation – Aotearoa, New Zealand.