Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour: Cathedral, Financial District & More
From £13 per personBook now
- Discover the ancient and modern sides of the city: from the remains of the old City Wall to continental Europe's highest skyscrapers
- Explore Frankfurt on a hop-on hop-off tour on a double-decker bus
- See the city's most important and historic sights
- Enjoy audio commentaries in 12 available languages
Visit the historic Old Town, its famous City Hall – called Römer for its association with the Emperors – the Cathedral, the Church of St Paul, and Goethe's house. Scarcely any other German city boasts as many extraordinary contrasts as Frankfurt: the towers of the ancient city wall, dwarfed by the massive skyscrapers of the Banking Quarter – among them the second-highest one in Europe – offer just one of its stunning architectural vistas. Here you can see the European Central Bank, the old Hauptwache – headquarters of the town militia in the 18th Century – and the justly famous shopping quarter, known as "Zeil."
And of course there is the Museum Riverbank, one of the most important cultural districts in Europe, containing the Old Opera House, the scene of internationally renowned premieres.
On this tour you'll discover what Frankfurt has to offer.
The last trip of the day starts at 17:15 and a circuit without stops takes approximately 60 minutes.
1. Hauptbahnhof or Berliner Straße (opposite St Paul's Church)
2. Museum Riverbank
3. Eiserner Steg (Iron Footbridge)/Sachsenhausen
4. Haus der Jugend
5. Affentorplatz/Altes Sachsenhausen
6. Eiserner Steg (Iron Footbridge)/Cathedral/Römer
8. Berliner Strasse/Paulsplatz
9. Banking Quarter
12. Senckenberg Museum
13. Messe Frankfurt
14. Palais Thurn und Taxis (only in summer)
- Approximately 1 hour comprehensive round tour without stops
- Audio guide headset available in 8 languages with partial live commentary
The primary stop is on Berliner Straße, opposite the Paulskirche. You can get on and off at the Hauptbahnhof (main entrance), and at other stops - see the plan for details (Open in Google Maps)
The hop-on hop-off bus runs every 30 minutes.
You can hop off at any given stop (there are 14 stops in total) and hop back on at your leisure.
The last tour departs at 17:15 and a circuit without stops takes approximately 60 minutes.
Product ID: 7041