Learn to make pizza and ice cream at a 4-hour cooking class in a Chianti villa. Transfer from Florence through the Tuscan countryside, and uncover the secrets of authentic Italian pizza and gelati. Sit down to a pizza meal, with wine pairings.
What to Expect
Discover the secrets of authentic Italian pizza and gelato at a hands-on cooking class in the Tuscan countryside. Learn the secrets of Italian cooking in an intimate, small group atmosphere.
Transfer from Florence by comfortable minivan, enjoying beautiful views on the 25-minute drive to a magnificent Renaissance villa in the hills of the Chianti wine region. Marvel at Brunelleschi's dome as you depart the city center and journey through olive groves and vineyards.
Then, take your place around a marble table surrounded by wine barrels. Work the flour to stretch your own pizza with a rolling pin. Prepare a pizza from scratch, working the dough before you load it in the oven. Next, make your own gelato (ice-cream) following a demonstration from the chef.
Once your pizza and ice cream are ready, sit down to a homemade meal, served with wines from the Chianti wine lands. Learn about Chianti wine production over the centuries. After dinner, transfer back to Florence through the gentle hills of Tuscany, and enjoy views of the “Cradle of the Renaissance” floodlit for the night.
- Round-trip transfer from Florence to a villa in Chianti
- Small-group pizza and gelato cooking lesson
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for the pizza and gelato making class
- Dinner, with wine tastings (soft drinks for children)
- Instruction about wine production
- Graduation certificate
Know Before You Go
• Please advise of any food intolerances or allergies in advance
• Please advise in advance if you have any special requirements or impaired mobility so that measures can be taken to best accomodate them
• This activity is highly recommended for families that wish to teach their children about Italian culture