Experience the world-famous Palio horse race, Siena’s most exciting event, on a day trip from Florence. Enjoy a guided tour of the historic city, watch the race from the Piazza del Campo, and later have dinner at a restaurant in the Piazza.
What to Expect
On this full-day (10-hour) trip to Siena, you’ll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to watch the Palio, the famous horse race held twice a year in Piazza del Campo. Experience first-hand all the drama and excitement of this legendary event.
The most exciting events begin in the afternoon with the blessing of the horses. After a magnificent parade with participants dressed in Renaissance costumes, 3 frenzied laps on horseback around the Piazza will decide the winner.
The citizens of the winning contrada (district) then acclaim the horse and the jockey as heroes and proudly celebrate all year long.
After the event you’ll be able to enjoy dinner at a restaurant in the Piazza.
- Transportation by air-conditioned GT coach or minivan
- Expert escort
- Guided tour of Siena with an expert guide
- Access to the Piazza to watch the race
What's Not Included
- Balcony or bleacher seating (available starting from EUR 450.00 per person)
Florence, inside Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy with the green cross
Know Before You Go
• This is a unique event that takes place only on 2 July and 16 August
• The tour is not suitable for children under 3 years of age
• Participants must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Tours in Russian are available on request, and are guaranteed with a minimum of 4 participants