San Gimignano, Siena & Chianti Day Tour from FlorenceProduct ID: 60907
From £47 per personBook now
- Enjoy a self-guided tour of San Gimignano
- Visit a splendid Chianti estate and take part into two exclusive wine tastings
- Take a self-guided tour of the Monteriggioni fortress
Your first stop will be San Gimignano, a magnificent example of a medieval urban town, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll have free time to explore the center, with its splendid squares, palaces, churches, and the magnificent towers.
Afterwards you will head out for the Chianti countryside to the unique location where your lunch and two wine tastings will take place. Once you hop off the bus, you will be led around the splendid estate until you reach its ancient medieval chapel; here you will be introduced to the estate's fascinating history and background. Then head for the villa's panoramic terrace where you will enjoy your first delicious wine tasting of Chianti Classico and some snacks while sitting on large wine barrels. The route will then continue to the restaurant: your typical Tuscan lunch will be accompanied by two excellent products of the estate itself, a "Riserva" and an IGP wine. Take your time after lunch to wander about and relax in the villa's lushious gardens.
In the afternoon you’ll stop for sightseeing in Siena. There are official guides (English, Spanish, French, and Russian speakers), who will lead your tour of the city center. See the magnificent Cathedral and the Town Hall in the Piazza del Campo, site of the world famous Palio horse race.
The tour ends with a visit to the medieval Monteriggioni fortress.
- Shuttle service from/to Lucca
- Transportation by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multi-lingual escorts
- Lunch of typical Tuscan dishes
- Guided tour of Siena
- Wine route in a Chianti estate with wine tastings and guided visits
Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.
Product ID: 60907