Enjoy a full-day tour of Tuscany’s villages and wine regions from Florence and travel into the heart of the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Visit the town of San Gimignano, the wine territory of Chianti, and the medieval town of Siena.
What to Expect
Explore the heart of beautiful Tuscany on a full-day tour of the towns of San Gimignano and Siena, then discover the bucolic wine region of Chianti. Departing from Florence by luxury air-conditioned bus, your first stop will be the UNESCO World Heritage Site of San Gimignano, one of the most splendid examples of an Italian medieval town.
Distinguished by its famous towered skyline, San Gimignano stands along the Via Francigena on the hills of the Upper Val D’Elsa. Also famous for its Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, saffron, and precious Santa Fina pottery, it is an excellent place to get acquainted with the Tuscan environment. You will enjoy some free time to stroll through the town on your own and explore its beautiful squares, architecture, churches, and side streets.
Afterwards you will head out to a unique location in the Chianti countryside to enjoy lunch and two wine tastings. Once you hop off the bus, you will be guided around the splendid estate until you reach it's ancient medieval chapel; here you will be introduced to the estate's fascinating history and background. Then head for the villa's panoramic terrace where you will enjoy your first delicious wine tasting of Chianti Classico and some snacks while sitting on large wine barrels. The route will then continue to the restaurant: your typical Tuscan lunch will be accompanied by two excellent products of the estate itself, a "Riserva" and an IGP wine. Take your time after lunch to relax in the villa's luxurious gardens.
Continue to Siena for a guided tour of its enchanting architectural styles, including the Cathedral and Palazzo Comunale (Municipal Building) in Piazza del Campo. The famous shell-shaped square provides the stage for the thrilling Palio horse race, run twice every summer.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Lunch consisting of typical Tuscan dishes (vegetarian menu available upon request)
- Guided tour of Siena
- Free time in San Gimignano
- Visit to the Monteriggioni fortress
- Wine tastings and guided visit at a Chianti estate
What's Not Included
- Drop off service, unless booked at checkout (if no pick-up is booked, the ending point is the same as the starting point - Santa Maria Novella train station)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
The meeting point is in front of the pharmacy at Santa Maria Novella train station.
For free pick-up from your accommodation, please call the tour operator in advance of your tour date and book.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time
• Please note that tours in German will not be available starting Nov. 1 2016
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Free pick-up must be requested in advance. Call the tour operator in advance to check availability. If you do not call and request free pick-up, you can meet your tour operator at Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy