Explore 2 beautiful cities of the Renaissance on a 9-hour tour from Florence to Lucca and Pisa. Marvel at Romanesque and Gothic architecture. Look inside Pisa Cathedral on Piazza dei Miracoli, discover the city walls of Lucca, and much more.
What to Expect
Travel back to the days of the Renaissance on a full-day tour from Florence, crossing the gently sloping hills of Tuscany for the art cities of Lucca and Pisa.
Upon arrival in elegant Lucca, enjoy a pleasant guided walk along the 16th-century walls. Situated on the River Serchio in a fertile plain near the Tyrrhenian Sea, Lucca’s Renaissance-era walls remain largely intact.
Enter the historic city center to admire the monuments of beautiful Piazza Anfiteatro. Go to the Torre Guinigi to see its famous hanging gardens. Continue to the 11th-century Duomo di San Martino, and admire the magnificent portico of three arches. Walk along a street lined with antique dealers.
End your tour of Lucca with a tasting of a local pastry in a historic café. Enjoy some free time before your departure for Pisa, world-famous for its Leaning Tower and other architectural masterpieces.
Upon arrival in Pisa, wander around the Piazza dei Miracoli to see the Leaning Tower, Baptistery and Cathedral. If time and the crowds permit, look inside the medieval cathedral to see staggering works of art, including mosaics and Galileo's Lamp
Enjoy some free time to shop or explore on your own, before the return transfer to Florence.
- Tour escort
- Entrance to Pisa Cathedral
- Typical pastry tasting in Lucca
Know Before You Go
• Please note that during extremely busy periods, a pleasant walk to Piazza dei Cavalieri will be offered as an alternative to Pisa Cathedral
• Please note that the order of visits may change
• The escort service is provided by professional multilingual tour leader. The local guide service could be provided in two languages