Drive the quiet roads of Tuscany and the Chianti wine lands on a half-day tour by vintage Fiat 500, and experience life behind the wheel of one of Italy’s most iconic automobiles. Pass vineyards and olive groves, see historic farmhouses, and more.
What to Expect
Get behind the wheel of an iconic Fiat 500 and escape the hustle and bustle of Florence for the quiet roads of Tuscany and the Chianti wine lands. Following a briefing on how to handle and drive the vintage vehicles, drive into the hills surrounding Florence on a private road. Pass the vineyards and olive groves of a 15th-century Renaissance villa.
Your guide will communicate with you via 2-way radio, keeping you informed of the panorama of monasteries, wine estates and more. Head into the Chianti wine region, driving a section of the legendary Via Chiantigiana wine road. Pass the vineyards, typical Tuscan farmhouses and tall cypress trees of one of Italy's most famous wine regions.
Part of the journey is along a section of the famous “Mille Miglia” rally route. Experience the gently curving roads from the driving seat of an historic automobile, stopping at a terracotta factory en route for an amazing view of the Chianti Classico wine region.
Add on an optional light lunch, or lunch of Tuscan specialties, served in an authentic Tuscan setting along with a tasting of Chianti wines and olive oils.
Then, on the way back to Florence, stop at a panoramic viewpoint to take photos of the River Arno and domes of Florence from above.
- Classic Fiat 500 rental
- English-speaking guide
- 2-way radios
The Club House, Villa Le Piazzole, Via Gherardo Silvani 149/a (just outside Florence city center)
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• The meeting point can be reached by taxi in 10 minutes, or by public transport in 25 minutes
• All routes on the tour are carefully researched. Enjoy quiet roads out of town, avoiding busy major roads and complicated junctions
• Detailed meeting points will be communicated at time of booking
• Children under the age of 2 are not permitted on this tour
• A maximum of 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children, are permitted per car
• You must know how to drive a manual transmission car to drive a vintage Fiat 500
• You must have a driver's license valid in Italy, or an international license, which can be obtained from your driving authority. You must have held a driving license for at least 1 year
• Please bring a credit card for the insurance documents. Dedicated insurance cover is included in the price