Ride through Florence out into the surrounding hills with a visit to a Renaissance villa winery for olive oil and wine tasting.
What to Expect
Your meeting point is located at the doorway to the Chianti countryside thus avoiding a ride through the throngs of tourists in the center of Florence. The bike tour starts with a 2 km uphill ride, frequent stops will be made to enjoy the views on the way up to the top of the hill. Once you arrive at the top, you will be riding your bikes through the neighborhood of the local Florentine nobility and their villas, making your way to a famous Renaissance villa tucked away in the hills beyond Florence.
Stop and tour the villa before ducking into the ancient wine cellar to do your wine and olive oil tasting accompanied by a light Tuscan snack of local products. All products are produced on the premise and being such a small family production, they are only sold locally. Both the wine and olive oil are available for purchase and shipping.
Your return leg back to Florence will take you by the spectacular Piazzale Michelangelo, one of the best views of Florence where you will stop for pictures. Continue downhill from there and back into Florence, coming into the San Niccolo area and ride to a favorite gelateria to top off the perfect half day outing.
- 24 speed bicycle/ e-bike
- Water bottle
- Professional tour escort
- Light Tuscan lunch of local food products
- Winery tour with wine and olive oil tasting
- Purchase and shipping of both wine and oil is available from the vineyard
Know Before You Go
• 7 miles round trip (11 km)
• Departure and re-entry from town. Once out of town, the riding is done on paved back roads with very little traffic
• Difficulty: moderate
• One 2 km uphill section done at a slow pace
• For a special memory of your tour, rent a GoPro camera or hire a professional photographer to follow you on the tour
• Please bring your drivers license, a hat and sunscreen as the cars have sunroofs