Watch the sunset over the Florentine hills on a 3-hour evening tour by vintage Fiat 500. Get behind the wheel of an iconic automobile, and drive through the Chianti wine growing region. Stop at a Renaissance villa for a typical aperitivo.
What to Expect
Experience "La Dolce Vita" of Italy on a guided sunset tour by vintage Fiat 500, and enjoy a typical aperitif tasting experience in a Renaissance villa.
Meet your guide and group at the meeting point, easily accessed from the center of Florence. Then, after a fun driving lesson in an iconic Fiat 500, drive into the hills in convoy, heading for the Chianti wine region. Drive past vineyards, farmhouses, and stately cypress trees. See panoramas of monasteries, olive groves, and grapevines. Your guide will keep you entertained with history and local knowledge during the stops.
For part of the journey, travel along a section of the famous Mille Miglia car rally route. Enjoy the gently curving roads and panoramic stops, offering the best views of Florence and the surrounding countryside. Enter the grounds of a stunning Renaissance villa to enjoy a typical Italian aperitivo.
Stroll through the 15th-century Italian Garden, and relax by the pool as you sip on a spritz cocktail and nibble at local produce, such as bruschetta, Tuscan meats, and cheeses. Raise a glass or 2 of the best Chianti wines before the end of the tour. The tour ends at the villa, with no more driving, so you are free to relax and enjoy the wine!
- Rental of a vintage Fiat 500
- English-speaking guide
- Aperitivo with cocktails, Chianti wines, and typical food tasting
Know Before You Go
• The tour meeting point is easily accessed from the city center by taxi in 10 minutes, or by public transport in 25 minutes
• There is a maximum of 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children per tour
• Children aged 2 years or under are not admitted on this tour. Children between 3 and 12 years old can enjoy the tour for free
• To drive vintage cars you must be a manual car driver
• You must have a valid license to drive in Italy. This is a license from Europe, the USA, or a license written in the Roman alphabet, accompanied by your passport. If you do not have one you will need an international license. You must have held your license for 1 year to drive any of the cars
• You must have a credit card. This is for the insurance documents. As a driver, dedicated insurance cover is included in the price
• All the routes are carefully researched to enjoy quiet roads once you are out of town, whilst avoiding some of the busy major roads