Discover the highlights of Florence on a scenic sightseeing tour of its main sights. Learn about the history of the “Cradle of the Renaissance” at sites such as the Duomo and Giotto's Campanile. Then explore the remarkable Accademia Gallery.
What to Expect
Take this half-day sightseeing tour by coach to explore the “Cradle of the Renaissance” in Florence. The guided tour departs from Piazza Stazione with a drive up the picturesque Viale dei Colli towards Piazzale Michelangelo. Home to reproductions of several of Michelangelo's famous sculptures, Piazzale Michelangelo also offers magnificent views across the entire city.
Head back into the city center and leave the bus for a guided walking tour of the Piazza del Duomo, home to the city's most renowned buildings. Admire the exquisite green, pink and white marble façade of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Stop at the Baptistery of St. John, to see where important figures from the Italian Renaissance were baptised. And admire the free-standing bell tower of Giotto’s Campanile.
Stroll through some of Florence's most historic streets to reach the Accademia Gallery, home to Michelangelo's David, and many other works by famous Renaissance artists. The tour ends here, leaving you time to explore the gallery at your own pace. A lunch in a typical city restaurant will also be served during the tour.
- Museum entrance fees, with booking
- Earphones provided for groups over 15
What's Not Included
- Lunch for children aged 0-6 years old
Know Before You Go
• Tour requires a minimum of 2 participants. Tours are subject to cancellation if the minimum is not reached. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule
• Local guide service in Italian, Spanish, French and German is always guaranteed for a minimum of 4 people. The escort service is provided by professional multilingual tour leader. The local guide service could be provided in two languages. If the requested language is not confirmed Caf Tour and Travel will offer the tour in another language, usually English. If the tour or desired language is not confirmed your reservation can be refunded
• Please note thet the Accademia Gallery is closed on Mondays. It will be replaced with visit to the Bargello Museum or Medici Chapels