Drive the rolling hills and vineyards of Chianti on a 4-hour Vespa tour from Florence, and experience the Tuscan countryside like a local. Stop to taste typical Tuscan produce, including wines from the Chianti wine region and local cheeses.
What to Expect
Experience the beauty of the Tuscany countryside from the seat of a Vespa on a half-day tour to the Chianti wine region from Florence.
Enjoy a short briefing on the motorbikes and roads, before setting off to discover the secret corners, hidden hamlets and breathtaking scenery of the Chianti wine lands. Ride through the characteristic Oltrarno district of Florence, climbing a winding road to Piazzale Michelangelo for spectacular views of the city’s rooftops.
Go to the Romanesque basilica of San Miniato al Monte, before driving to the Chianti wine region. Stop at an organic farm in a typical hamlet to taste the local wines, extra virgin olive oils and cheeses.
Learn about the organic wine-making process on a tour of the winery. Then, travel along a section of the “Chiantigiana” wine route. Marvel at castles and villas dotted among the vineyards and olive groves. Travel down a road lined with cypress trees to a hilltop hamlet famous for its Cotto tiles. Go to the village square, resplendent with Renaissance architecture.
Return to Florence, enjoying wonderful panoramas along the way, and experiencing the pure joy of riding an iconic Italian scooter.
- Vespa and helmet rental
- English-speaking guide
- Wine and typical produce tasting
- Driver's insurance
Pick-up from a central location in Florence. Precise details will be provided after booking
Know Before You Go
• The minimum age to drive is 20 years old
• A valid car license, and previous experience driving a Vespa, scooter or motorcycle is required. A motorbike license is not essential
• An international driving licence is required for participants from the Middle East and Arab countries, Africa and North Africa, China, India, South America, and Eastern Europe
• The tour leader reserves the right, at his or her absolute discretion, to terminate without notice and liability the participation of any rider who is unable to ride the Vespa safely. In such cases, no refund will be due
• Please note that this tour may be cancelled in the event of bad weather, and a change of date or full refund will be offered
• Children aged 0-11 are not admitted on this tour
• Drivers must show a valid driving licence. Customers must have a credit card. A €800 deposit/€1,000 for 2 scooters will be taken and repaid upon return.