Florence Walking Tour: In The Footsteps of MichelangeloProduct ID: 48446
From £60.27 per personBook now
- Follow in the footsteps of Michelangelo on a walking tour of Florence
- See early works at the Casa Buonarroti Museum, located in Michelangelo's former home
- Admire masterpieces, such as the David-Apollo, Tondo Doni, and bust of Brutus
- Go to the Basilica of Santa Croce to see Michelangelo's tomb
- Visit the Bargello Museum in the Palazzo del Popolo
Retrace Michelangelo's life through some of the monuments and historic districts of the “Cradle of the Renaissance,” starting with the tomb that Vasari built for the artist at the Basilica of Santa Croce. Continue to the Bargello Museum in the Palazzo del Popolo.
Here, you will discover Renaissance sculptures, including Michelangelo's marble statue of Bacchus (“Bacco”), the stunning “Tondo Doni” panel painting that he painted in his later years, and the bust of Brutus (“Bruto”), considered one of his finest works.
End your tour at the Casa Buonarroti Museum, where Michelangelo once lived. Admire some of his early drawings and major masterpieces, including the “Battaglia dei Centauri” relief, and the “Madonna della Scala,” carved by Michelangelo when he was just over 20 years old.
- Entrance to the Casa Buonarroti Museum
- Entrance to the Santa Croce Church complex
- Entrance to the Bargello Museum
Meet your guide in front of the statue of Dante on Piazza Santa Croce From April 2017 NEW MEETING POINT: Bargello Museum entrance - Via del Bargello 4 (Open in Google Maps)
• Please print a copy of your voucher and bring it to the meeting point
• Free entrance for children under 5 years old
Product ID: 48446