From Florence: Siena San Gimignano & Chianti w/Wine Tasting
From £80 per personBook now
- Visit San Gimignano, famous for its numerous towers and art treasures
- Enjoy a wine tasting and and sample local Tuscany foods at a farm house in Chianti
- Admire the village of Monteriggioni, described by Dante in his Divine Comedy
- Explore the medieval town of San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Departing from Florence, this tour takes you through the picturesque scenery of the Chianti region to the medieval city of Siena.
A professional local guide will help you explore the highlights of this splendid city which has completely preserved its medieval character. You will be led on a guided tour of the Cathedral, Palazzo Comunale, and Piazza del Campo, site of the famous Palio horse race. At the end of the walk there is free time for lunch.
You will then travel to admire the medieval village of Monteriggioni, surrounded by imposing centuries-old walls and towers. You will have time to explore the narrow alleyways and fortifications of this amazing Tuscan hill town.
In Chianti, you will visit a typical wine estate to taste some of the world's most prestigious red wines and sample delicious homemade Tuscan snacks.
Continue to San Gimignano, a small medieval town unchanged since the 16th century. Wind your way through this town's narrow streets, admire the surrounding landscape, and enjoy its many unique shops.
During the beautiful return drive to Florence, you can unwind in the comfortable coach and learn further details about all you have seen from your knowledgeable tour escort.
- Transport in an air-conditioned coach
- Service of an English-speaking guide
- Entrance to Siena Cathedral
- Cellar visit and wine tasting
- Ice cream tasting in San Gimignano
The tour will leave from Piazza Adua in Florence. Leave Santa Maria Novella via the eastern exit and turn left. Walk straight ahead before turning right onto Piazza Adua. Look out for the sign "Albatravel Florence – Meeting Point".
Product ID: 15549